What is more thrilling and rewarding than spinning the roulette wheel of fortune?
European roulette is a classic online gambling game that was invented in the 18th century in France. The mystery and chance in spinning a roulette wheel for huge prizes have attracted gamers from all walks of life.
The reason for this popularity is the high chances of winning and also the friendly low house edge of 2.6%.
European roulette consists of a ball, a wheel and a table marked with 37 divisions (0-36). The players place bets on one or more numbers and then clicks a button to spin the wheel. The pocket or number where the ball will land becomes the winning numbers and they are marked with a special marker by the croupier.
The table is painted in red and black with the zero (0) painted green.
Playing European Roulette Online
Ideally, the aim of European roulette game is to predict where the ball will land on the wheel.
To start the game:
- Click on the chips with your value of choice.
- To place your bet, click on number on the roulette table. Remember that every click on the betting board adds a chip to the bet.
III. Click on the limits option to check your minimum and maximum bet limits to play within your bankroll.
- Right click to remove a chip from your betting list.
- After correctly placing your bets click on SPIN button to start the wheel. Other options that you can use include; CLEAR BET, REBET, and DOUBLE.
- All won bets are paid off by the dealer while lost bets remain in the casino
Placing Bets in Online European Roulette
There are two major classifications of bets in European Roulette- inside bets and outside bets. If you are a beginner, it is good to be aware of the payouts and odds involved in the roulette variations.
- Straight up bet: bets are placed on one number. Its payout is 35:1.
- Split bet: this bet covers two adjacent numbers with a payout of 17:1. Players can also pick 0 and 1, 0 and 2, and 0 and 3.
- Street bet: all three numbers in a row are covered and the betting chip must be placed at the end of the row. You can as well include 0, 1, 2; 0, 2, 3.
- Corner bet: this bet covers four adjoining numbers. The payout is 8:1.
- Line bet: in this bet, 6 numbers are covered and the betting chip is placed at the end of two rows.
- Column bet: bets are placed on the column of 12 numbers ‘2-12’ and the payout is 2:1.
- Dozen bet: this bet covers a group of 12 numbers ‘Dozen’ and it can be placed on the1st 12 boxes (1-12), the 2nd 12 box (13-24) and lastly, 3rd 12 box (25-36). The payout is 2:1.
III. Color bet: the bet is placed on red or black colors on the roulette table. The payout is even, ‘1-1’.
- High or Low bet: all high numbers (19 to 36) and low numbers (1 to 18) are covered in this bet. The payout is even.
- Odd or Even bets: in this bet, all even and odd numbers on the wheel are covered. Its payout is even.
European Roulette Strategies
From the start of the game, you will notice that European variation is designed for a fair payout. The 36 pockets (lesser compared to American roulette with 38) add advantage to the house edge of 2.70%.
- Game for fun
Winning in any game is based on the state of the mind. It is good to have a relaxed mind that is able to make sober decisions. If you take the game too serious, your mind will be tensed hence wrong judgments. Playing with a recreational notion rather than a profit or loss match.
- Be Smart
Don’t confuse my ‘smartness’ for suit and tie. You must be smart in placing bets. Go for bets with an even payout like red/black, high/low to escalate your winning chances.
- Have a plan
A well-organized gamer knows where to place a bet and how to arrange them on the betting board. This is important because you will be consistent in your game.
- Have limits
One funny thing about roulette is that it’s very addictive. The more you play, the more you enjoy. But we always forget that the more we play and loose, the drier our accounts.
Set limits that will not make you go bankrupt and stick to them. Always remember that we live to fight another day.
- Practice Frequently
The more you practice, the more you learn and gain experience.
Top Rated Online Casinos
Go For: Enzo Casino
Outcome: 150% up to $1500 welcome bonus
- Games can be accessed and played instantly on any browser
- Compatible with mobile operating systems- Android and iOS
- Live dealer games available on live casinos
- Fulltime support team through live chat
- Software is licensed and regulated by Curacao eGaming
- Safety and security guaranteed- SSL
Go For: The Time Square Casino
Result: online free spin, $10 no deposit, 300% up to $1200 bonus, variety of games, safe and secure
- Powered by top rated developer like NextGen, Betsoft, and Amaya
- An ocean of games, slots, cards, table games, video poker, micro-bets and live casinos
- Jackpots and other promotional offers
- Multiple banking methods like mastercards, visa cards, Neteller, moneybrokers, and others.
- Reliable customer support team- phone call, email and live chat
Go For: Royal Panda Casino
Results: 100 free spins, 100% up to $100 bonus, instant play, safety and security
- Maintained and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- Uses latest version of HTML5 for website compatibility on browsers
- Welcome bonus of 100% up to $100 on the first deposit
- Software developed by renowned tech gurus like Microgaming, NetEnt, NextGen among others.
- Supports 10+ payment options and languages
- Knowledgeable support team
Go For: William Hill Casino
Result: 100% up to $300 first deposit bonus, the maximum payout of x36 on straight up bet and move roulette variations.
As one of the oldest casinos, William Hill Casino has entertained its members with a wide variety of games coupled with high-definition graphics and audio effects.
Players can monitor their game on the casino toolbar buttons. You can view Game Balance, Cashier, Gadget bar, Quick Deposit, and Menu.
Other top-rated online casinos with European roulette are Casino On Net, 888 casino and 777 casino.