Online casinos have made real money gambling accessible 24/7 to gaming enthusiasts in Canada and all over the world. People are looking for trusted safe and secure online casinos, that offer excellent games, and great bonuses but can get lost among hundreds of online casinos out there.
That’s why we, at Casino online Canada, an independent team of professionals, provide honestly and unbias up-to-date information about the largest and best online casinos for Canadian players. You will find on our website not only detailed casino reviews but also full, quality guides to all types of casino games and bonus types, and more.
Whether you are playing from your mobile phone or spinning from your desktop, this website has everything that you need to be a winner.
Top Online Casinos for Canadians in 2021:
|1||888 Casino Review||C$88 Free NDB + Welcome Bonus Package C$1500||Claim Bonus|
|2||22Bet Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% up to C$450||Claim Bonus|
|3||Boo Casino Review||Welcome Package 100% up to C$1000 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|4||LevelUp Casino Review||Welcome Package up to 2000CAD + 200 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|5||777 Casino Review||Welcome Package Up To C$1500 + 77 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|6||Casino Empire Review||First Deposit Bonus 200% Up To $2000||Claim Bonus|
|7||VegasPlus Casino Review||Welcome Bonus up to $750 + 50 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|8||MonteCryptos Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 300C$||Claim Bonus|
|9||Megaslot Casino Review||Welcome Pack up to C$1350 + 75 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|10||ZodiacBet Casino Review||Welcome Package up to C$1000||Claim Bonus|
Why Play in Canadian Online Casinos?
When it comes to your gambling options in Canada, you can either go online or stick with the land-based casinos. Of course, both have their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, land-based casinos’ main advantage is the real-life experiences they can offer. At such a venue, you get to completely immerse yourself in a lively and exciting gaming atmosphere. You get to interact with other people and many casinos are also full-blown resorts. Hence, there you can also often find restaurants, bars and other entertainment options. However, this can be a very costly experience, especially if you’re staying at a resort.
On the other hand, with online casinos you don’t have to leave the house at all. So long as your computer has a steady internet connection, you can gamble from the comfort of your own home. Moreover, you have access to a huge number of platforms and even more games. In fact, there is way more choice than if you visit a land-based casino and you can find just about every niche gaming option, too. Anything from poker to bingo is just a few clicks away. In addition, online gaming platforms generally offer higher payout rates. This is because websites don’t have the same overheads as physical venues, such as rent, staffing and equipment. Hence, they can afford to have their games pay out more money.
In a nutshell, online casinos are more convenient and more easily accessible. When you gamble online, you have a lot more choice of games to try and can also win more money. On the flip side, land-based casinos give you an authentic experience that you can’t really get online. But visiting one can be costly and time-consuming.
Canada’s Gambling Laws
Overall, Canada takes quite a liberal approach to gambling but there are, of course, some important details. Most notably, an online casino is only legally permitted to operate and accept Canadian players if it’s licensed or owned by a provincial government. In addition, it also has to be offshore, i.e. it can’t be based anywhere within the country’s borders. But there is an exception to this – the Kahnawake Mohawk Nation. Casinos that are based there are legally permitted to operate, because the First Nations reserve is technically considered its own self-governing nation.
Of course, gambling legislation varies depending on the territory and province. However, generally speaking, the rules aren’t too strict. So long as you stick with online casinos that have a proper license, you won’t be breaking any laws. More about the most trustworthy gaming platforms you can find at our casino reviews page. There we review and recommend only the best options on the Canadian market.
|1||VegasPlus Casino Review||Welcome Bonus up to $750 + 50 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
How Do We Pick Online Casinos?
Canadians have access to a wide variety of online casinos that offer just about every game. But with so much choice out there, finding the right one for you can be time-consuming. Thankfully though, it doesn’t have to be like that. To help you find the best gaming platform for you, we’ve put together a whole library of online casino reviews.
We’ve done all the research for you, so all there’s left to do is head to our reviews section and read on. Our review process is very rigorous and follows a strict formula to ensure we evaluate all casinos properly. We only recommend safe platforms and consider a plethora of aspects to make our decision. When reading any of our casino recommendations, here’s what you’ll find:
What Our Casino Reviews Include
- Intro – We always start off with a brief overview of the casino we’re reviewing and introduce some key facts.
- Casino Games – The casino’s games collection is a key factor in deciding whether to sign up. We look at the size of the selection but consider the games’ quality and variety, too.
- Live Casino – For many players, the selection(if any) of live dealer games is just as important. A good casino should offer at least the basics like poker, blackjack, and roulette in a live format.
- Software Providers – Casinos should ideally partner with a variety of trusted providers to ensure the quality and safety of your experience.
- Site Layout – It’s important for an online casino to have a user-friendly layout so that players can find things easily, so we test them out.
- Mobile Casino – Just about every online casino has a mobile-friendly site. We look at how the mobile site compares with the desktop version and check for bugs.
- Bonuses – For many players, bonuses are one of the most important things about online casinos. We look at not only the bonus offers themselves but also the terms and conditions that come with them.
- Customer Support – All casinos should have reliable customer support. We find out what communication channels there are and evaluate the quality of the service.
- Banking – We see what payment methods a casino accepts and what the minimum/maximum amounts for deposits and withdrawals are. We also consider any present fees.
- License – When evaluating an online casino, we make sure it’s fully licensed; we wouldn’t want to encourage people to sign up to an unlicensed site.
- Safety – For this section, we consider things such as the security software and protocols, and the casino’s approach to responsible gambling.
- VIP – Many online casinos have a VIP club that’s for the most dedicated players only. We look at what you have to do to qualify for an invitation and what the perks of being a member are.
- Conclusion – Finally, we summarize the key points of our review and let you know whether we think the casino’s worth signing up to.
- Pros and Cons – A brief summary of the casino’s main pros and cons.
- Lists – We provide several convenient lists that show you at a glance all of the casino’s payment options, supported languages and currencies, and software providers.
- Casino FAQs – We answer some of the most common questions about the casino in a FAQ format.
Our Guides to Online Casino Games
Whether you’re new to online casino games or you want to brush up on your knowledge, our site is the place to be. Here you’ll find plenty of resources to help you become a better player. In fact, we have a detailed guide on how to play just about any online casino game there is. Whether it’s poker, roulette, or craps that you’re interested in, here on casino-online-canada.ca you can learn all about them. We explore the history of these games together, teach you the rules, and share top tips and strategies from the pros.
Online Casino Games
Online casino games can be grouped into several categories depending on how and with what you play them. Here’s a closer look at some of the most popular kinds of online casino games:
- Slots – This is the most common type of online casino game by far. Most slots work in a pretty straightforward way – you just spin the reels. If you have matching symbols on the pay lines then it’s a win. Of course, online slots come in a broad range of themes to fit all tastes. They also often have some unique features like free spins, re-spins, pick-me games, progressive jackpots, and more.
- Table Games – This category includes classic casino games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. It also covers these games’ many variants. Most games in this category use cards but roulette, for instance, is an exception as it uses a gaming wheel.
- Virtual Games – In the Virtual Games category, you’ll find games such as virtual horse racing and virtual football matches.
- Scratchcards – One of the simplest online casino games around is the scratchcard game. It’s all about luck – just click to reveal the symbols and if enough of them match, you’ll win.
- Video Poker – This is a popular game based on five-card poker but it feels similar to playing slots. Your objective is to form the best five-card poker hand possible. There are many variants of video poker with different payouts and rules.
- Bingo/Keno – Bingo and keno games are similar in that numbers are drawn and if enough of your own numbers match, you get paid. Bingo has many versions, including 75-ball, 80-ball, and 90-ball bingo. On the other hand, keno usually uses 80 numbers.
Live Casino Games
Live casinos are an amazing way to truly immerse yourself in a game, just like in a land-based casino. Playing in a live online casino feels like the real deal but without having to leave your house. The games involve actual live dealers and are a lot more interactive than animated ones. You can also feel the thrill of playing against other players rather than a computer. Most of the options here are versions of classic casino games such as baccarat, blackjack, and roulette. There are even some live games that aren’t based on any pre-existing casino games. Dream Catcher, Deal or No Deal Live, and Monopoly Live are a few examples of those.
Sports Betting at Online Casinos
The market for online sports betting in Canada is huge and is steadily growing every day. Hence why there are many online sportsbooks out there for you to choose from. You can place bets on a range of sporting events from around the world on these platforms. In fact, you may even be able to place bets as a match or competition is actually taking place if your bookie offers live betting.
As demand for sports betting increases, a growing number of online casinos have launched their own sportsbooks, too. They’ve done this to offer their customers a complete gambling experience with as many options as possible. Hence, it’s safe to assume that the most competitive sites out there will offer both casino and sports betting opportunities.
|1||Cashiopeia Casino Review||Welcome Bonus Up To $1200 + 250 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
Promotions and Bonuses
Virtually all online casinos in Canada have a variety of bonuses and promotions. Their purpose is to encourage new players to sign up and those already signed up to keep playing at the casino. There are several types of bonuses you could encounter but here are the most common ones:
- Free Spins – The free spins offers are specific to slot games and you can use them on one or more select games, depending on the casino policy.
- Bonus Money – Sometimes you’ll get free casino credits that you can spend on most games.
- Cashback – Play and earn a percentage of your losses back as cashback.
- Welcome Bonus – Any offer that only new players can claim is a welcome bonus. These offers come in many different forms but most commonly as a deposit match bonus.
- Reload Bonus – This is an offer for existing players that usually reward them with bonus money and/or free spins when reloading their casino accounts.
- No Deposit Bonus – The no deposit bonus is a special bonus you can claim without having to make a deposit into your casino account.
VIP and Loyalty Programs
In addition to their bonus offers, many online casinos have a loyalty scheme and/or a VIP club. With a loyalty scheme, you earn points by playing games. There are several tiers and you reach new ones by earning enough points. Each tier gives you better perks and rewards than the one before it.
As for VIP clubs, these are set aside for only the most dedicated of players. You usually have to be invited to become a member. In order to qualify for an invite, you have to spend quite large sums of money at the casino on a regular basis. But once a member, you get to enjoy the casino’s best benefits and exclusive bonuses.
Online Casinos That Accept Bitcoin
Nowadays more and more real money online casinos are accepting Bitcoin, the world’s very first cryptocurrency. Lots of sites also let you use a number of other popular cryptocurrencies, too, including Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Tether. Transfers with cryptocurrencies are often the quickest, most convenient, and free of charge. Some casinos accept Bitcoin alongside many fiat currencies (traditional currencies such as the pound sterling or the euro). However, there are some casinos that only support cryptocurrency payments.
Mobile Casino Sites
Practically every online casino in Canada has a mobile-friendly site that can be accessed on smartphones and tablets. Most mobile casinos are designed to be responsive and easy to navigate on mobile devices. Typically, the mobile versions have a more compact layout to make it easy to play on the go.
Some of the bigger casinos even have apps that you can download on your device. These are typically available for iOS and Android devices. Many players prefer using the app if there is one because they offer more convenience. Moreover, apps have extra features which are very useful, such as push notifications. But there is a downside, too – they take up space on your device.
Online Casino Games Providers
There are more than 400 companies that develop games for online casinos. These companies are also known as game providers. Some of them have been around for a decade or two; others are much newer. Most specialize in digital games for the online market only, while others make games for both the online and land-based gambling markets.
A good online casino should have games by a good mix of providers. Ideally, the line-up of providers should include some of the most popular and reputable ones around. Stick with games by the big names and you’ll be in safe hands. Moreover, with the big names, you can always rely on high-quality products and exceptional graphics. The leading brands, such as NetEnt, Play’s GO, Microgaming, Yggdrasil, Playtech, and NextGen Gaming, have excellent reputations and impressive game catalogues.
The majority of online casinos in Canada are fully licensed and can therefore be trusted, especially the ones we recommend. If you come across a casino and you can’t find any evidence of a license on the site, it’s best to avoid it. Instead, sign up for a casino that has a proper license and makes it clear from the get-go.
But as well as having a license, a reputable casino should use advanced security software to keep players and their money protected. It should also have certificates proving its games are fair and have been audited. Additionally, it should offer plenty of help and resources to combat gambling addiction.
|1||LevelUp Casino Review||Welcome Package up to 2000CAD + 200 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
Popular Payment Methods in Canada
What’s great about Canadian online casinos is that they tend to accept a good range of safe and secure payment methods. Some of the most popular ones that can be used at lots of casino sites include:
The line-up of options varies from one casino to the next. Most sites should let you use plenty of payment methods. Whatever payment method you’re currently using, you should have no problems finding an online casino where you can use it. Bear in mind that limits, fees, and transaction times can vary greatly from one payment method to the next.
Winning Real Money at Online Casinos
With some luck and the right strategy, winning real money at an online casino is bound to happen. Once you’ve won, you can withdraw your winnings and spend them however you like. But before that, you should make sure you’ve read the fine print.
If you’ve been using a casino bonus, you’ll have to satisfy its wagering requirements before you can withdraw your winnings. If you’ve been using bonus money, you’ll have to play through your deposit and bonus, or just your bonus, a set number of times. For free spins bonuses, you’ll be required to play through your winnings instead. Bonus winnings are credited as bonus money, which can’t be withdrawn. Once you’ve satisfied the wagering requirements, they’re converted into cash that can be withdrawn. If you’re playing with real money, your winnings will be credited as cash.
When it comes to making withdrawals, you’ll have to make a request first. Once you’ve done this, you’ll have to wait for the request to be processed, which can take up to a few working days. Of course, that will vary depending on the real money casino you’re at. After the request has been processed, your money will then be on its way to you. The payment method you’re using determines how long you’ll have to wait for the money to reach you. For some payment methods such as e-wallets, the wait time can be 24 hours or less. But for others, such as bank transfers, you can end up having to wait several working days or even longer.
|1||Greenplay Online Casino Review||Welcome Bonus $200 + 100 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
Playing for Free
Most online casinos let you play for free, too. Once you’ve set up an account, you should be able to play nearly all of the casino’s games in demo mode. This doesn’t require any real money and you can play as much as you like and whenever you like. However, you can’t win any money as all bets use virtual credits (i.e. fake money).
The advantage of free play is that it lets you get used to how games work without having to spend it right away. This is especially convenient for trying out new games or practicing ones that require skills to win. But if you’re after the thrill of winning some real cash, eventually you’ll have to gamble using your money.
Keeping Players Safe
There are many factors you should take into account to determine whether or not a site is safe. But if you are short on time, check out our casino reviews instead. All of the ones we choose to list have a license and take all the necessary safety precautions. They also use the latest security software, such as SSL encryption. Moreover, safe casinos have certificates from companies such as eCOGRA that show their games are fair.
A good way of checking if a casino is safe is to do a quick online search. If a casino isn’t safe, it will be blacklisted by review sites. If you come across a casino and find out it’s been blacklisted, don’t sign up. Instead, pick a casino that hasn’t been blacklisted.
Play At Best Canadian Online Casinos
Canadians have access to many of the best online casinos around today. If you’re living in Canada and want to play some casino games online for real money, choose one of our recommended casinos. We recommend only the best ones out there that do all to keep you safe. Online gambling is legal in Canada, so you can relax knowing that when you play online, you won’t be breaking any rules. Moreover, gambling regulations will keep you very well protected when you play casino games for real money.
Yes. Online casinos have to be based outside of Canada’s borders or in the Kahnawake Mohawk Nation to be allowed to offer real-money gambling.
Not if you don’t want to. Most online casinos let you play for free even before you’ve made a single deposit into your account. While you’re encouraged to play for real money, you don’t have to.
Yes, you can. Most of the online casinos in Canada can be accessed on a wide range of mobile phones and tablets. Many of them also have apps that can be downloaded.
You can, yes, though you have to be playing with real money or using a casino bonus to do so. If you play for free in demo mode, no actual money is used.
Visit a casino and find the ‘Register’ or ‘Sign up’ button. Click it and fill out the registration form. Verify it, then deposit some money and you can start playing!
It’s a matter of personal opinion which of the many Canadian online casinos is the best. All the ones we list on our site are highly rated and are well worth checking out.
Yes, it is. The majority of online casinos are fully licensed and can be trusted. All the casinos we list have licenses and are reliable, secure and trustworthy.
Your chances of winning depend on the game you’re playing. Some games have higher payout rates than others.
|1||LevelUp Casino Review||Welcome Package up to 2000CAD + 200 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|