For those who want to play smarter online blackjack, there is one simple truth that you need to keep in mind. In addition, whether you want to take on a basic strategy, an advanced strategy system or simply play by feel, you should always consider this foundation of smart play. Whether you are playing blackjack online or offline, the goal is not to simply go over 21-you need to beat the dealer. While not bursting naturally is part of beating the dealer, it is important that you pay attention to the dealer’s cards, what they entail and their role.
Play Blackjack online With Welcome Bonus
|1||Read Review||100% up to $300 First deposit bonus||Use Link||Visit|
|2||Read Review||888 Welcome Bonus||Use Link||Visit|
|3||Read Review||100% bonus up to $1000||Use Link||Visit|
|4||Read Review||100% bonus up to $400||Use Link||Visit|
You also need to know where the dealer and house have an advantage over you; however, because the dealer’s play is forced, and you can decide your own destiny by splitting, hitting doubling down or standing. However, the simplicity of blackjack shouldn’t trick you into believing that you can play without concentrating.
You should also keep in mind that the player always plays last and wins your money when you bust 21, even if the dealer busts also.
We have created a list of rules or Basic Blackjack Strategy to help you boost your play. You can print them and keep a copy with you when playing. You want to make sure that you are using the right strategies to play. Here, it’s OK to have a cheat sheet.
Blackjack Rules to Remember
- If the dealer shows a 7, 8,9,10 or Ace, hit up to 17 or more
- Hit if the dealer shows 9, 10 or Ace and if you have a 7 or less and Ace
- Hit if the dealer shows 7 or more and you have a 6 or Ace
- If the dealer shows a 4, 5, or 6, stand at 12
- If the dealer shows any number less than 7, stand at 13
- Split eights and Aces
- Split 9 except if the dealer shows a 7, Ace or 10
- Split 7 except if the dealer shows an 8 or more
- Split 6 except if the dealer shows a 7 or more
- Don’t split 5
- Split 4 whenever the dealer shows a 5 or 6
- Double if you have 11
- Double expect when the dealer shows a 10 or Ace
- Double 9 except when the dealer shows a number more than 6
- Double 7 or 6 and Aces except when the dealer shows a number more than 6
- Double 5 or 4 and Ace if the dealer shows a 4, 5 or 6
- Double 3 or 2 and Ace if the dealer shows a 5 or 6
- Surrender a hard 16, but not 8-8 vs. an Ace, 9, or 10
- Surrender a hard 15 vs. 10, Ace
Blackjack strategy charts show you the right moves to make according to basic strategy. The basic strategy for blackjack is the best play that you can choose when you consider what the dealer is showing and the hand you have. When it was discovered in the 1950s, it changed blackjack and how people thought about the game, inspiring other blackjack enthusiasts and also led the founding of card counting.
The best way to reduce the house’s edge against you is by sticking to the optimal play for both hands. Basically, the average player is expected to give something between 3% to 5%, or even more, while a player using basic blackjack strategy can give up less than 0.5%. This basically means that you are increasing your chances of winning provided the cards go right.
You should note that understand blackjack doesn’t end at the basic strategy. There are many other recommended advanced strategies that you can use to improve your chances of winning.
Other blackjack strategies
- Don’t take insurance or even money
This is basically the first strategy you should keep in mind. For instance, if an Ace is the dealer’s up card don’t take insurance and carry on with the round as usual.
- View your hand as hard total if you are unable to split the cards
Another key strategy is that if you are playing a hand and chart for the basic strategy tells you to split cards and you are not able owing to the re-splitting limitation, you will need to view your hand as a hard total and continue to play based on the rules. For instance, if you’ve been dealt two 3’s and you cannot split the cards, you will need to view both hands as a 6. In this case, based on the rules of the basic strategy chart, if the dealer’s up card is a 2, you should hit.
You should also remember that although the basic strategy is proven mathematically, there will always be exceptions to the rules, which is usually based on the number of players, conditions and number of decks used by the dealer.
The reality is that blackjack is a probability game and if the basic strategy is used accurately, you are likely to win. It doesn’t really matter whether you are a new player, or a season pro, blackjack strategy is the right guide to increase your chances of winning.